After you have subscribed you will receive a welcome email. Please look out for this email and we recommend you read it carefully as action is required on your part in order to get you fully set up as an employer.
What we will email to you
1. Important information:
- Your temporary Payroll Number
- Your Members Area log in details
- Instructions on what to do next
2. Forms attached you need to complete and return to us ASAP:
- HMRC form FBI-2
- HMRC form 68-8
These require a date and signature only, and authorise us to act as your agent with HMRC. Without these forms we are not allowed to act on your behalf. It is important you download these forms and return them by post (as we require original signatures) ASAP — once we have received these forms your PAYE scheme will take HMRC around 15 working days to set up.
We are required and committed to complying with the government's Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
3. A request to complete your nanny’s Payroll Information
(Please note that without this we have nothing to process for your nanny!)
- In order to do this you will be required to log in to the Members Area (using the log in details you have been given) and complete the Payroll Information Form
- You'll be asked for information regarding your nanny's details, salary, working hours etc
- Once we have your payroll information and your new PAYE scheme is up and running we will start supplying payslips. These will be made available in the Members Area for you and/or your nanny to download.
In addition to the above we also recommend that you complete the Employment Health Check, available in the Members Area, to ensure to have covered all your bases as an employer. This checklist covers everything from insurance, to contracts, to making sure your employee can legally work in the UK. It’s well worth doing.
It’s important for you to keep us informed of changes to your nanny's employment situation. This includes her changes to working hours (e.g., overtime) or changes in salary etc, and try to let us know as soon as possible in order to keep the payroll accurate.
Finally, all you have do, is pay the nanny on the basis of the payslips we provide and pay HMRC your liabilities by their deadlines (see Rates & Thresholds for deadlines), on the basis of the bills we provide.